I finished it off today, in time to wear it out to dinner - Yey for impromptu date nights! So what is this dress I hear you say? I tried my hand at a vintage pattern a friend gave me.
|Woops - Might have needed to press it!|
|Added a little patch for the bottom of the collar :)|
I also learnt how to make thread belt loops - Yey!
- to the bust darts, goodness they had teeny tiny waists back in the day!)
- I re-shaped the collar into a curve rather than point.
- Added a little patch at the bottom of the collar
- Using a different skirt (I cut up a dress I made last year that I never really wore, so I just popped that one on with an extra panel in the front)
- Used a side invisible zipper - Still not sure what the pattern actually specified, the instructions were a tad scarce.
|And most importantly - It matches my helmet!|